Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby, baby, baby oh...

Let me see, where HAVE I been... after feverishly promising to keep blogs updated, blah, blah, blah I discovered all my energy was needed to grow a baby! Yes, we are expecting baby number 3 at the end of July (currently we're heading into week 14). I imagine my blog may become somewhat baby focused, but bear with me, I am still staying crafty...

We had pretty much 'decided' that we were not going to have any more after baby number 2, but we changed our minds. This was after donating/giving away and sending a great deal of our baby gear (especially blankets) to Christchurch following the earthquake.

Sooo....One thing I am inviting friends, family and followers to do is knit or crochet a wee peggy square for baby's blanket. It can be in any style as long as it fits the dimensions (11.5cm x11.5cm in 8ply (DK) wool). I think it would be absolutely special to have a blanket contributed to by friends and family - and names can be sewn onto the squares for an even more personal touch.

Wool is Crucci 8 Ply DK Machine Wash 100% pure wool - Shades: 59 (green), 71 (burgundy), 73 (blue) or 75 (orange) - any one of those colours would be appreciated. The pattern suggests size 5 needles (cast on 20 and knit until it's 11.5cm long), but if you'd like to share a square, then any size needle/cast on that gets the right tension is just perfect.

Let me know if you're keen to knit up a square (Miss K has started on her own garter stitch one) or just your thoughts/experiences and growing baby number 3 (and all the chaos I can expect), I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Rebma said...

Hi, Miko! Congratulations on baby #3! :)

I just wanted to let you know that I shared your blog for this Liebster Award. It says you should pass it on to fellow bloggers of your choice, but you don't have to.

Here is the link to the post... http://thissewcalledlife.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-award.html

:)