Thursday, April 14, 2011

Generous hearts and talented hands

WOW - the world is really an amazing place and people have HUGE generous hearts.

Postage - we've got it covered
Today NZ Couriers - International confirmed that they will sponsor up to 30kg of our items and ensure that it reaches its destination. Their willingness to help was fantastic. My sponsorship team, Jolene and Heather, have done a fab job!

Donated goodies are coming!
Stitchbird and Crafty Squirrel have both posted images of their fantastic items that will be heading to Fukudamachi. I'm hoping once I get a handle on this admin side of things, I'll be able to sit down at the sewing machine and post some of my own. If you would like to post some of your images here, I'd be thrilled (I need some colour!)

Ideas to borrow, items to make...
I've discovered if you get a bit stumped on what to make for the little people in Japan, there are some really clever mums out in cyber space who willingly share their talents and creations.

 Ikatbag has some great free patterns and fabulous tutorials for making clothes and toys and fabulous creations...Check out her fantastic dress and these shortalls (that can be modified for wee girls).

Made has some great patterns and tutorials to guide you and this dress has a free pattern!

There are also innovative gift ideas coming in. Linette, another Kapiti International Women's Group member will be contributing art items as there is real healing power in art.

Life in my household
I am a mummy of two small people and I 'telecommute' part time to Massey University...with this current project you can imagine I am swimming under unfolded laundry and crumby floors... but its worth it. My babies are learning about the wider world and caring for others. Despite the chaos we're pretty happy!

A friend recently shared this biblical quote, and it seems really apt: Let each one do just as he has resolved in his heart...for God loves a cheerful giver 2 Cor 9:7

No comments: