My fabulous cousin and fellow blogger, Hannah tagged me on her Hannah's Reductions blog. Thanks heaps Hannah!
I am flattered that at such an inital stage in my blogger life I've been tagged with an award of some kind - even though I'm not entirely sure if it means I'm stylish, or my blog/blogging is stylish. If it's the former, then Hannah hasn't seen my much-in-need of cut hairdo. At present I waver between looking like I'm wearing a square cut Russian Mink hat and Justine Beber! I'm going to the hairdressers on Friday to address this!
Ever the researcher, I looked (briefly) into what the award was and where it came from. Huffygirl provides a synopsis of the details which I won't repeat here, but if you are interested, you can check it out. The rules go something like this:
- Present seven things about yourself that others might not know.
- Name about a half-dozen bloggers you think deserve the award. (this varies from 15 to 5. Hannah named two)
- Contact those people to inform them of the honor.
- Create a link back to the person who gave you the honor.
So here's seven things about me that others might not know
Since I'm so honest and open, this might be challenging - close friends may know, new friends might not!
1. I have a cup quirk - I like to have my cups and glasses with the openings down in the cupboard. If they are up the other way, I have to put them top down.
2. Flowers make me smile - I love a bit of feminine charm and flowers add sunshine and magic
3. I won a Ms Fitness Manawatu Competition - strangely I found myself in the world of body-building. For three months I worked out, dieted and practised my routine to strut it on stage. There was no one else in the category, so I'm not sure if I won by default!
4. I have a weakness for stationery - I don't know if it's my love of writing or books or both, but I adore pretty note books. I seem to have amassed a small collection of journals which have one or two lines in them!
5. I also have a weakness for smellies - of the perfume, bubble bath, body lotion kind. I seem to have overly active olfatory glands (pregnancy made it even more heightened), but there is something really pampering in lovely lotions and fragrances.
6. Mr T is hubby number 2. I am an incurable romantic and ever hopeful when it comes to love. I've been engaged 3 times, hubby 1 and I were married 3 years (no kids) and then I met my marvellous Mr T. (At this stage I'm planning on keeping him)
7. I have a PhD in social anthropology - one day I think I'll do an anthropological study of crafting blogs. Anyone keen to be a part of that?
Blogs I pass the award onto:
Sweet Georgia and the Crafty Squirrel
This Sew Called Life
Kiwi at Heart
RedGingham (although I've just seen she no longer has time to accept these - it's a fab blog)